[Review] PDF Recovery: A Tool Worth Considering
PDF files are designed to keep up with the fast paced and increasing work load as they can be easily shared, protected, and published too. Creating a PDF file just takes a couple of minutes. But the same PDF file gives you an equally hard time when found corrupt. As there is no manual method available to recover a PDF, it just gets impossible to work with the files. However, PDF Recovery software seems to be a reliable rescue to repair corrupted PDF files. As per its testing it can be stated that it is a well-developed and designed application to efficiently recovers and converts corrupted PDF files to healthy PDF files.
Features At A Glance
- Recovers and repairs corrupted PDF file.
- Saves the healthy PDF file in new location
- Original formatting is kept intact in the new file
- Recovers and extracts Text and Image data
- Recovers all components like object forms, graphics, etc.
What To Look Forward In The Tool?
A check on the software through the Trial version helped to figure out the features that a consumer can look forward to.
Repair Corrupt PDF Files
The PDF Recovery software recovered minor corruption in the PDF file. Not just this, a thorough testing of the software to check its recovering ability was done in severely corrupted files. The software successfully recovered it.
Creates New PDF File
The software not only recovers the PDF corruption, but also store the recovered data in a new healthy PDF file. This feature is quiet appreciating as it reduces the further chances of the corruption that would have occurred if the recovered data would have been saved in the same file.
Recovers Text And Image
The software is built with the capability to recover all the images and text within the PDF file. This way it proves to be beneficial as there are no chances of data loss. In other words the data integrity of the PDF file is kept intact.
Extracts PDF Components
The PDF Recovery tool will recover all the components which are stored in a PDF file. The components consist of hyperlinks, images, object forms, graphics, etc. in short, it keeps the meta data of the PDF files as it is.
Simple User Interface
The user interface of the software is very simple and user friendly. The panel resembles the user interface of MS Outlook so that the user finds it easy to operate the software. You can just recover corrupted PDF files in 3 simple steps.
Compatible with all Windows OS
The software is compatible with all the versions of Windows operating system ranging from Windows 98 to Windows 8.1. it is possible to install and run it on any machine installed with any of these versions.
The PDF Recovery software is available to the users in two versions:
- Trial/Free Version: The Company has launched a trial version of the software so the users can have a try on the software. As the name suggests it is available for free and can be downloaded from the official website of the company. The trial version will not extract the components from the PDF file but will just give a preview of the recovered file. Also the preview will have the company’s name watermarked on the file.
- Licensed Version: After trying the software using the Trial version you can purchase the licensed version of the software from the official website. The licensed version gives you the advantage over the trial version. You can extract components from the corrupted PDF files. Also a new PDF file will be created to store the recovered data.
Test Run Of Demo Version
- Version: 1
- Size:5 MB
- Compatibility: Windows 8.1 and other below versions
- Processor: 1 GHz processor
- RAM: 512 MB of RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 5 MB of free hard disk space
- Adobe Acrobat:0 or above
Pre Requisite: In case you have Windows Vista/7/8/8.1 Operating System then keep in mind to launch the tool as “Run As Administrator”
The Demo version of the tool can be downloaded from its official web page. The downloading process completes shortly. The interface of the software seems pretty user friendly. Even a non techie user can easily run it.
Step 1: For scanning the corrupted PDF file you just need to select Load PDF option. It will scan the PDF file completely even if it is severely corrupted.
Step 2: After the scanning process has finished, a dialog box pops up showing the successful scanning.
Step 3: After the completion of scanning process, click on Save PDF option. Since this test is done with Demo version therefore a prompt will appear asking you to buy the full version for availing the facility to save PDF. The preview of the scanned PDF file is given. The recovered PDF file will be watermarked with the name of the company only when using the demo version.
The full/licensed version of the software will successfully save the recovered PDF File without adding any watermark.
- Recovers mildly as well as severely corrupted PDF files.
- Keeps the data of the corrupted PDF File intact.
- Extracts components like hyperlinks, images, etc., along with text.
- There is no option of exporting PDF files in batch.
- Scanning and recovery of each file is done individually.
- The demo applies a watermark to the document.
The Bottom Line
Based on the overall performance and individual ratings of the features, the tool can be rated as 9.6/10 on the whole. Although, the PDF Recovery tool does not recover PDF files in batch, it still recovers severely damaged PDF files quite well and with guarantee. Also it creates a new healthy PDF file to store the recovered data. To cut this short, the tool is definitely worth considering.