Gionee announces M2017 with a mammoth 7,000mAh battery
We have been hearing about Gionee’s new premium smartphone for a while. It has been teased, showed in leaks and many more but never before it was announced with details. And now it has finally been revealed as the Gionee M2017. This virtue esque device just stole the spotlight not in one but many aspect.
The M2017 is the latest phone from Gionee in its ‘M’ series. The main highlight of the device is Ji 7000mAh polymer lithium-ion battery with its own intelligent power management system and low power consumption display. The display which promises with the battery a 25hrs of video playback and 915.42 hours of standby. With it’s QuickCharge 3.0 support and dual chip charging, it can charge in 24W.
Fun fact is, even though it has a 7000mAh battery, it’s actually because of two separate 3500mAh battery working together.
The other specifications are as followed:
- 5.7-inch (2560 × 1440 pixels) Quad HD AMOLED curved glass display with sapphire glass protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 653 processor (Quad 1.95GHz ARM Cortex A72 + Quad 1.44GHz A53 CPUs) with Adreno 510 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 128GB / 256GB internal memory
- Dual SIM
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Amigo OS 3.5
- 12MP + 13MP dual rear cameras with LED flash
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 155.2×77.6×10.78mm; Weight: 238 grams
- 4GLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG, USB 2.0 Type-C
- 7000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
Awkwardly enough, it doesn’t sport a microSD card slot or even a headphone jack. Which follows the tradition made by LeEco and Apple.
The device will come in either Gold or Black with a price of $1007 for 128GB Storage as standard version. While there is an italian alligator leather back version with 256GB storage option, $2446. Both devices seems like a true virtue level devices and are already available in China for pre-order.